Rollercoaster Mum: The Year 2014 in Photos - Week 11

ShareThis

Saturday 15 March 2014

The Year 2014 in Photos - Week 11

No time to blog this week (apologies to my new #blogclub buddies) so this is just a quick synopsis of a sunny (yay!) week in the Rollercoaster household. We had school trips, sunny days,science festivals and sewing along with a girlie gossip night, the usual drudgery and a dying boiler. But I did take quite a few photos so I may just have to give you a collage or two...

School Trip to Butser Ancient Farm, Hampshire
I went as a parent helper on Bigger Miss's school trip to Butser Ancient Farm. It was a great day - cold but a fab trip - we did spinning, fencing, made mosaics and jewellery as well as had lunch by a fire in a roundhouse. I also loved the lego mosaic in the reconstructed Roman house - you can see it above - how cool is that?!

yellow Celandine flower in the sunshine
I enjoyed taking some pics of wildflowers for a change and I loved this Celandine reflecting the sunshine.

spring sunshine for the school run
Little Miss pretending to post some letters on a sunny school run home :)

Pink Camellia flowers
Zoomed in on a rather lovely pink camellia in someone's garden (not mine unfortunately!)

Robin's evening song
Loved this little Robin singing his heart out on a very tall post.


a March Moon
The moon was so large and clear I had to do another moon photo! 

National Science and Engineering Week 2014, STEM festival Bohunt School
Today we went to the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Festival at a local secondary school. There was loads to do including Titan the 7 foot Robot, making rainbows in test tubes, playing with spiders and army equipment amongst others. There was almost too much to do as there was no way we could do it all - a great free afternoon's entertainment. What a start to National Science and Engineering Week 2014
easy sewing projects- needle case, gift bag and badge
Lastly Bigger Miss and I squeezed in our local sewing workshop where we made a couple of simple sewing projects.
For some more sunshine filled weeks go visit the Boy and Me:

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky


14 comments:

  1. Just love the robin shot! And what a great shot of the moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That moon shot is stunning. You've had such a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very educational week! Great shots but I'm not loving that spider! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the ancient farm, I bet that was a great trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get to write about it it would make a perfect Country Kids post too

      Delete
  5. Love the pic with the post box, I miss that sight so much, lol. It's so typically British I love it. Eeek to the spider, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I remember going to Buster Farm when I was at school - but I don't remember it looking nearly this good. Beautiful photos too - I love the one of the robin - they are such beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have been busy then!! i am loving that little robin how cute was he signing away x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great moon! Love the jewellery thy you made and how nice to have a sunny school run :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a busy week! I love the picture of little miss at the post box :-) hope you have a lovely week x #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man that ancient farm looks ace! and well the STEM festival lots of educational fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the trip to the ancient farm looks really interesting as does the science fair at school- talk about going from one exrtreme to another. And you and your daughter are clever with your sewing .
    lots of great photos from your week - it shows how busy you have been!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your photos , especially the moon , the robin and the postbox. Sounds like a busy week #blogclub

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spring has definitely sprung this week in your part of the world hasn't it? Wonderful Camellia shot, and the moon clarity is great.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...