Rollercoaster Mum: Last days of freedom - 52 Photo Project - Week 36

ShareThis

Sunday 9 September 2012

Last days of freedom - 52 Photo Project - Week 36

I haven't been inspired this week. Not photo wise (taken loads of sunny photos!) - blog wise - hence I am doing this now when I should've done it days ago. It has been the most gloriously sunny week and that's part of the problem and it's been busy - I'm shattered.

We didn't have the back to school thing until Wednesday so we did the school shoe shopping on Monday which despite being hellishly busy was actually quite pleasant in the sunshine and by the sea. Tuesday we all went off to Legoland (I very luckily won some tickets a few weeks ago) which is always a favourite day out - we managed the dragon rollercoaster five times! As usual we stayed until the bitter end so we got back home late, poured the girls into their beds and collapsed, knackered - possibly not the best way to start the new school year the next day!

The photos however come from Thursday as it was my last ever Mummy day with Little Miss Star as I was at work next day and next week she starts school proper. She chose to go swimming followed by a picnic, a play and a cookie at Queen Elizabeth Country Park where we used to have our Little Squirrels group and was very much 'our thing'. It was a lovely day and time came to pick up Little Miss Star from school only too quickly - I didn't want it to end. My baby growing up. The next day she went to school for an hour to meet her buddy and although she did wear her uniform I'm saving the uniform photos for next week as that's when she really starts. How I wish these sunny, carefree days could last forever.

I have cheated slightly using all these photos but the big one is my absolute favourite with her sunny smile and the reflections in her sunglasses but I also wanted to link up with Coombe Mill's Country Kids this week as it was a Country Kids type of day.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall


If you would like to see more of my little Photo Project take a peep here.
And if you'd like to see more photos from fellow 52ers or the brave 366ers click the badge below:

15 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures - looks like a special last day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a tiring week! Your sunny photos of your sunglasses wearing daughter is lovely - really sums up the gorgeous weather we have been having xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! Love the sun glasses. Ours went back to school on Wednesday which felt a bit weird after the long break but my LO and I had a girlie day on Thursday which was lovely, I have another year of her at home, so I plan to make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our last week sounded just as mad as yours, apparently one of mine fell asleep at the desk in the afternoon on the 1st day - teacher should have made it more interesting! My Country Kids post was from our last day and this was all after a day at the beach. It is great to spend some quality time with them before they are into the school routine and too tired. Little Miss Star looks thrilled with her time out with you and it is indeed a very Country Kids look, thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful smile! Lovely to hear you had such a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures. The sunshine has been lovely x


    Found via Coombemill's country kids linky :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww gorgeous pictures, sounds like a lovely day together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems there have been some serious milestones for you this week and next with her first proper day at school. Good luck to you both!
    Love the main photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweetheart. Love the glasses :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is a lovey smiley little person and she does love her sunnies! Thank you for all your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful girl, what a lovely starlet smile.

    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a little star! I like that your camera is visible in the reflection of the glasses to.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...